Fucking midget (annoying people, part 2)

I am waiting for to go to the station and catch the train to work. I am kinda late, really late, but there are not so many train. So lets use this time for something completely useless.

Monday night, another football game of the famed team Notti Magiche. We are up 4 - 0 after 10 minutes, than we let them come back, because we are kind people. The match begins to turn to a grind, though game. We are still up 4 - 3 in the final 10 minutes of the match, they mainly try to score in counter attacks (don't ask, please don't ask how a team that is up by one is pressing high instead of waiting for the opponent to come... don't ASK!), but we are managing quite well to control. They started to make faults, we started to receive them, this is a usual pattern. For once I am not complaining that much with the referee, since he is controlling everything quite well and when he sees a harsh tackle he has no problem on talking to the player and tell him to quite down. Finally.

Then a ball in our half, rebounds high, I go and an opponent too, we try to reach the ball with the legs, his is a bit higher and far stretched then mine (he is also taller then me, lets say 10/15 cm, not that difficult, I know) and I lower it just before we reach the ball. The ref assigns a fault for me, rightfully: his leg is high and straight, dangerous play. He (the opponent) complains, and I agree: always complain! But there are no doubt it was a fault. But the funny part starts now: he goes to collect the ball, and shouts (in between with something else, but that I don't remember): "FUCKING MIDGET!"

And it was me! I was the "fucking midget"!! Come on!! I am not that short! Anyway... after realizing the comments I started to laugh! Quite hard (theatrically, lets say) and quite a lot. I was sincerely amused by the comment, and was already planning some come back. Anyway, while he passed by I told him: "Not that you are such a giant, come on!" and re-started the play.

From that point on, every time I took the ball from him, and it happened quite a lot because I didn't want him to do anything else, I was telling him: "That's the fucking midget coming!" or something similar. I also used my incredible midget strength to steal the ball from him just overpowering him, and as I said, he was taller then me and heavier than me. But fuck it!

In the end... we won. I went to him to shake his hand and he reluctantly did so. I really enjoyed that match (my match, the one from the team, not at all... again, how you manage to have them score 3 goals in counter attacks when you are up 4 - 0 ?!?).

[I know you where thinking I would have talked about the Game of Thrones midget... sorry to disappoint you!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Minoici"

"Scarabeo"...

Ochi kala