Two words on: Conspiracy theory against Linux?

It's that time of year again: the time in which I install a new distro on my laptop.

My nice, fine, kind System76 laptop. Ubuntu 14:10 has run its course and it's time to switch back to Manjaro (KDE edition). But I am missing a USB drive, so it's time to buy a new one (mine it's lost in Parma...). So I went out, biked funny Amsterdam, entered Mediaworld and bought a 8 GB disk (yes... I tried to find a 2 GB one, but I could not). Sandisk, as it is.

Biked back home, watched some video on Youtube, read some news (procrastinating, it is called) and finally time to download Manjaro 0.90, install Unetbootin and create the Start Up disk.

Done!

Now it's time to stick it in: reboot!

It doesn't run!! Meaning that a "Boot failure : No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!" error was showing. What the... !!! WHY?!? Faulty copy of the ISO? Nope. Wrong installation process from Unetbootin? Nope! Wrong pc?!? Nope.

It turns out that the Fat32 format of the disk is faulty! So I had to format it back to Fat32, create the installation disk again and it's done.

Thank you, Sandisk!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Minoici"

"Scarabeo"...

Ochi kala