Amsterdam: 3 months, 3 weeks and 5 days (or something similar...)

Double post today, I am in that mood!

Ok, so some real updates on the situation here. It's been 4 months that I am here and I have an idea of how things are going on, now. The weather is not good, I have to say. There are a lot of days that evolves like this: 
- morning sun 
- midday cloudy 
- afternoon rain 
- evening heavy rain for 1 hour 
- night recovering to give a wonderful morning 

 It is not that bad, the only problem is that in the morning you work, but you can enjoy a nice ride to the workplace, that's for sure. Than in the afternoon you are still working. And just 1 hour before leaving the skies open and rains cats and dogs and you are scared that going home will be as wet as Venice.
Than you want to go out to take a beer with some friends, at the bar your trousers are as comfortable as sitting with a ball under your ass (one of those balls...). Than it's time to go home, the warm and cozy house of yours, so it doesn't matter if it's raining, snowing or else. but instead there is a wonderful night with bright stars.

But don't talk only about weather.

I am working in Almere, the youngest city in the Netherlands. Youngest as in "the last built" not as in "the city where the population is the youngest, they are all babies". It's 45 minutes of train from home, but since I've got the station at 2 minutes and the workplace is 2 minutes from the station, in less than 1 hour I am from home to work and vice versa. I know, I left Milan for more or less the same amount of time. But I have to say that sitting in a warm and comfortable train riding through the wonderful neetherlandese (a word that I just made up) country side is a bit different than being interred in a metro wagon with 1 hundred other persons looking at a underground wall.
The job is Customer Care, so I answer a phone and answer emails. Not difficult, and up until now I am just doing training, so not stressing at all. The colleagues are nice and friendly, the office is nice and fine so... perfect place!

Than... I started playing football again, in a tournament, I mean. 7 vs 7... the ideal situation for an old man like myself. Even if I am playing in defence, just as usual I let other people enjoy and I have to sacrifice myself... Or, maybe better said, I have not at all the legs to play in another position and defence is easy. HAHAHA... Old and smart like a fox. We are a good team, with some player quite good, but it is obvious the lack of practice and of been used to playing together. We just lost a game, but are still in the hunt for the top positions and can do well.
I just hurt myself, as I already said, and am recovering. We play on Tuesdays, I will miss the next one and be back, probably, for the last week of February. Hope not to hurt me again.

Last update. I have begun hunting (I like this world more than I like the action itself) for a new apartment. Ideally a wonderful, luminous apartment overlooking a canal in a old part of the city. Ideally... than who knows where the heck I will end up? But the hunt has begun. In March, April at most I would like to move and really start living here.

So, that's it... so long!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Minoici"

"Scarabeo"...

Ochi kala